Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Getting back in the game

Okay, so lack of updates means busy? Maybe.
Just got back from my long needed week in NYC & Philly. I finally got to run with Ms. Fatindapantz, as well as a two newcomers. YAY! We all ran the 4-mile Memorial Day race in Staten Island. It wasn't your fancy time chip race with mega sponsors. Just good people on a beautiful warm sunny morning out for a run. The route was flat and for the first two miles it was nicely shaded. In the return back to the finish line, we ran on the wood planked boardwalk along the water. This may seem soothing, but it just wasn't quite as relaxing. The the wood planking pattern totally gave me slight vertigo and the heat was insane! I had to stare past the horizon so not to feel nauseaus. At Mile 2, I started picking up the pace thinking I was almost there. But the heat made that long stretch to the finish even longer. The last quarter mile of the race, I got a painful stitch in my abdomen and tried to breathe thru it. I was trying to see if I could catch up with Shelly in front of me, but all I was focusing on was that red "Finish" banner ahead.

Great run, we all finished under 50minutes. Which is great considering the day before I was eating like a tourist pig that I am.

I have totally SLACKED this month. I have less than two weeks until the Mermaid Triathlon.

Today's agenda: going to swim training at lunch, then possibly a short run and boxing class this evening.

Tomorrow: early AM, cycle cadence ride at the Polo fields in Golden Gate Park.

1 comment:

MsFatindaPantz said...

I STILL havent really run this week.. now all of a sudden I cant get outta bed @ 5am. So now I set myself up to have to run 4 days in a row. UGH!!!
Whats happening to me??