Thursday, June 5, 2008

Beware of Flying Balls


In an effort to not get bored, I've decided to incorporate tennis and muy thai kickboxing into my workout. It took me forever to find reasonably priced tennis lessons in NYC. Then one day I was on the subway, reading the paper over someone's shoulder.. and there was the answer to my prayers. http://www.metrotennis.com/ 4/90 minutes lessons for $59-$75. YAY!


In true Fatindapantz fashion, I went out a brought a couple of cute tennis outfits, and more racquet than I need. But hey I gotta look good right? Yesterday, was my first lesson and it was awesome. First off my instructor is ADORABLE. Tall, corn fed, midwestern cutie, curly sandy blonde hair and a cute smile. Second, my class is all women, so no macho bullshit. It was like high school. We run around in our cute outfits and give each other pointers. Some of them have great senses of humor and are self depreciating in that funny way which I love.


Our first day we learned two of the basics.. forehand and backhand grips. There were balls flying all over the place, and the court we use also has basketball, handball and other tennis players. Needless to say we were dodging other balls and people. But it was cool, every once in a while you'd hear a handball player scream "TENNIS" that meant their ball had bounced into our court and they needed us to send it back.


The last 20 minutes of class we got to play "Queen of the Court", which is like a gym class version of tennis.. we got some good rally's going on. According to Zach our instructor we were his best class all week. Tennis Anyone?

1 comment:

Mojito Atari said...

I hope YOU wore panties!!