Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eye of the Tiger



So I've received my final Mermaid email update last night listing parking instructions, wave start times, and course specifics. This is it. My last day to fit in one more work out. This week, I managed to swim every day and one 3-mile run yesterday. I haven't been on the bike for a rather embarassing reason....last Saturday was my last time riding my bike (to volunteer for Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon...truly inspiring race btw). Since that day, I've aquired a rather annoying and large hemmorhoid. That's right folks. I'm hoping the swelling will go down by Friday. I've changed up my diet to include high fiber meals, lots of fruits and green veggies. No red meat, just chicken or fish. NO CHEESE!!!!

I've noticed I'm feeling lighter and less irritated.

I can't really say I'm nervous...just anxious to get started. Today and tonite, I'm making a mental list of what I need to bring as well as run thru the course and what I need to do to stay focused on my form.

My boyfriend and I will be leaving early Friday to head south and possibly pick up my bib/timechip as well as check into our hotel.

I'm pretty stoked that I'm competing in my SECOND triathlon! I truly believe anything you want bad enough and willing to discipline yourself to train and put in the time, that you can achieve anything.

No comments: