Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back to basics...

Woke up Friday, lower back pain. Figure I'll be okay working out, it's my weight training day. If I do all lower body and 30 minutes on the elliptical I'll be okay. Feel pretty good after the workout, the pain isn't too bad.

Sitting at my desk, major pain. I go to the drug store get a Therma-care heat patch, feeling a little better. That night I can't find a comfortable way to sleep, every positon hurts like hell. Finally, I find a position that's the least painful and knock out.

Saturday morning, I wake up to light spasm. I go to webMD and it says to elevate below the knee to put less pressure on my lower back and rest for 1 or 2 days. GREAT! I'm friggin bed ridden and in pain. It's so nice out today. This really sucks!

Sunday, I cant stay in bed another day. I'm getting stir crazy, I hear a song that always gets me teary eyed... and start blubbering like an idiot. Who knew crying involved your lower back because with each sob I get a spasm. This makes me cry more. I fall asleep.

Wake up, and I can't take it anymore. I get dressed go into the city to get some food. Heavy ass grocery bags but I don't care I'm just happy to be amongst the masses. Injuries suck.

No comments: