Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ah, the smell of clean clothes out of the dryer

First, I must apologize about all my posts. I have bad grammar and I don't spell check. Please try not to cringe too much from my failure of giving the English language its proper.

Ms.FatindaPantz had posted on another undisclosed blog about "What's in your bag?" and I felt this would be an appropriate post, especially since I just did a fresh 3 loads of workout laundry. If you are like me, I carry ALL of my gear to and from work. The ease of location from work to gym is just steps away. Here is a sample list of gear that is rotated out daily:

What's in your gym bag?


Open Water Swimming:
+ TYR Mesh Swim Bag (to hold my towels, wetsuit, outerwear
+ Flip Flops
+ Aquasphere Swim Goggles
+ BodyGlide (used around ankels, joints, neck, wrist, or any part of the body that needs lubing to get the tight wetsuit on)
+ TYR Swimsuit
+ Earplugs (Silicone) - helps to keep water from getting into the ear canal, also good from preventing bone spurs inside the ear
+ Swim Caps
+ Swim-specific Wetsuit (Much different from a wetsuit you wear for surfing. Much more slicker and buoyant...as well as being supertight! It takes me 20-30 minutes to shimmy my body into it properly)
+ Handwarmers - Sometimes the water can be as cold as 50 degrees, when getting out of the water, I need to warm up!
+Missing: Quick food, Towel, Jug of hot water to rinse off, beanie, hoodie, sweats, anything warm!
+Missing #2 (Indoor Pool): Anti-chlorine shampoo/conditioner, lotion, baby oil, comb, 2nd TYR swimsuit..all left at the YMCA.



Running/Spin/Cycling:
+ Lululemon Dry Fit Tee (or any tee..whatever makes you comfy)
+ Nike Dry Fit Sports Bra (or any clean sports bra)
+ Adidas running socks (any running socks, ankle length preferred)
+ Water Bottle
+ Asics Running shorts w/ compression short. (These are my favorite running shorts. These are my 2nd pair and I love them. I wore them first at my first triathlon. Lightweight with an inner lining has compression shorts, so no chafing!)
+ Missing: Running shoes-currently Brooks Trance 6, Bike Helmet (Cycle), Specialized Sirrus Bike, Zoo York backpack to carry everything.


Weekend Soccer
+ Billabong small duffle bag
+ Soccer Uniform - 100% Pure Polyester yuckiness
+ Adidas Dry Fit Sports Bra
+ Shin guards
+ Sunblock
+ Lip Sunblock
+ Diadora soccer cleats
+ Water
+ Missing: Soccer tube socks, extra pair of socks, flip flops


Boxing (for the off days--cardio stress reliver)

+ Soul Rebel Weekender Bag
+ Northface trail sneakers
+ Jump rope
+ (2) Handwraps
+ Boxing gloves
+ Loose, lightweight shorts
+ Long sleeve shirt to sweat more
+ Hand Towel
+ Hoodie for after class (This place doesn't have a locker room, so I usually leave immediately after class, hop on the train, still sweaty, and stop by my YMCA)
+ Missing: Water, Energy bar, sweatpants (it's chilly in the evening)

I know I've listed some pretty hi-tech gear with pretty nifty fabrics, but sometimes, you just have to rock that favorite beat up tee that you've had for YEARS. So what if it soaks up an additional 5lbs of sweat and you can't actually dry it until you get home..but it's nostalgic and it's mine!


Old school:
+ BBoy BBQ shirt circa 2004? (any of my old hiphop promo tees are great to get grimy in)
+ DUKES shirt bought at the thrift store probably 8 years ago. It's worned out thin with cracked screenprinting (I know I had this in Philly)
+ Oversized sweatpants--HEATHER GREY (The bigger the better, the more comfy, the more obnoxious I tend to look)
+ Crewneck sweatshirts, Hoodies, Hoodies, Hoodies...
+ Missing: Old pairs of sneakers, watches, hairties, beanies, striped tube socks

As my triathlon date gets closer, I will refine the equipment list and re-photgraph. This was a picture from last years gear, face undisclosed:

2 comments:

MsFatindaPantz said...

I don't even carry a gym bag. Just a water bottle, gym card, towel, keys.

MsFatindaPantz said...

Everytime I look at this, I shake my head. No wonder you don't have time to pack your lunch..you can't packing all of these bags. In the process of looking for reasonably priced Pilates classes near work. CORE CORE AND MORE CORE!