Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Finisher.










I think this video sums up the whole experience. So many memorable moments, I'll highlight the bullet points:

+ Waiting with a mass of (mostly women) runners before the start, my nerves were so bad, I wanted to cry or throwup.
When they sung the national anthem I lost it.

+ Seeing all the purple shirted Team in Training runner and all the photos attached to the back of their shirts of family members: newborn to elders..."In Memory Of.." I nearly lost it.

+ Turnin on my Ipod and realizing there is an 8th of a bar left. I forgot to charge it.

+ Keeping up with the 5:30 pace group then losing them on the hills (mile 6-10)

+ Successfully making it past miles 6-12 of up/down hills with no knee pain or blisters!!! YES

+ The race doesn't start for me until Mile 13.

+ Calling my boyfriend to trade me his ipod for mine at Mile 13, only to see his was dead too.

+ No music after mile 15. I kept the headphones on.

+ Running down ocean beach for miles 16-18 and seeing the runners on the opposite side heading to the finish on their mile 24-26!

+ Making it past mile 20.

+ Chocolate at mile 22.

+ Reading all my text messages at mile 24 for my last ounce of motivation.

+ Having my boyfriend on his bike meet me at crucial points on the race for motivation. I love you!

+ Completing 26.2 miles. Official time: 6:28.





I can barely walk for the past couple of days!

No comments: