Sunday, September 28, 2008

give me props


almost 6am, running along Diamond Head

...for running on vacation! 4 miler on Thursday and my ultimate 20-miler on Saturday morning. I thought it wasn't gonna happen. Waking up at 4am, starting the run in the dark at 5am, pre-gaming with a friends making pasta in the condo and routing our maps to bring with us. By mile 15, I wasn't sweating anymore, I had a headache, and my heart rate was super high, and no water under the rising heat! I thought I was gonna quit. I called my running partner who was a mile ahead of me and told her, I'm going to find a bus stop once I reached the gas station at the end of this long boring straight away because I was "hurt". After guzzling two vitamin waters, I felt better and decided to continue on. I did it.


Problem is when you are on vacation, the days following such an aspiring run leaves you super sore and immobile. I'm in Hawaii...I can't waste the days inside. So instead, I've sucked it up, been going out to night clubs, taking Advil, then going back out again.

I guess I will be okay for the marathon!


Diamond Head...6 hours later.




No comments: