
Did a 45 minute run/walk yesterday. Thought I was going to die. How come when you take a day off you always feel like crap the next time you attempt to workout. Like your body says, "Ohh we're back to this bullshit again.. I thought u gave up. "
I did an intense cross train workout on Friday which is usually my day off but because we had the day off I figured I'd take advantage of it and weight train HARD. Saturday, I chilled and recouped got the feeling back in my legs.
Sunday evening, I head to the gym all intent on doing 45 minutes. I succeded but not without, bitching, sweating profusely, and the magic of one little song. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. For the last 15 minutes of my workout I played it over and over again, to push myself through it.
I'm from Philly, so all things Rocky hold a special place in my heart..even that ghastly Rocky V. I kept running the montage of Rocky IV in my head, you know the one where he's training in Russia. Rocky running in the snow.. begrudingly split screen to Ivan Drago running top speed in a laboratory in communist Russia. By the end Rocky is running top speed up the mountain, doing reverse curls while hanging from a loft in a barn. Doing dips with a wagon loaded down with Russian peasants and Pauly cheering him on.
So there I was just me, Dave Bickler on lead vocals, and Rocky. I kept thinking if Rocky could, so can I. The treadmill was my Ivan Drago.. staring at me coldly proclaiming " I will break you!". When the treadmill announced Workout Complete..I triumphantly sashayed over to the paper towel station to wipe the sweat from my ears. I resisted the urge to pump my fist over my head and do a little shuffle like my idol Rocky in triumph. I'll save that for the 5k!
No comments:
Post a Comment