So the alarm went off at 6AM. I got intimidated by the thought of group riding with many people. I am still also afraid of riding with motor vehicle traffic. So slept in with guilt. We ended up doing a coastal drive to Half Moon Bay to the infamous Mavericks surfing area. (Less the details for my personal blog).
Today, I was destined to redeem myself and reclaim my throne as Miss Anti Chub Rub and mapped out our options for a bike ride today. Stinke refused any hill riding, so my thought of us riding to the Golden Gate bridge was out.
We decided on trying the route I was supposed to ride on Saturday. Golden Gate Park-Ocean Beach-Lake Merced and back. I pulled out a map and took a mental snapshot of the possible streets going to Lake Merced. We've never been to that area and we weren't sure of car traffic (especially it being Easter weekend).
Overall, the ride was flat, on bike paths, if not on a bike path, there is a wide shoulder to share with car traffic. The lake is gorgeous. We had to share the path with runners, but it's wide enough. Very scenic. I think next time we may drive over here to jog. Just got home to map the route to see how far we rode: 16 miles!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment