I may be doing too many activities at one time. Saturday's soccer game started out really bad. The game is all the way out in Hayward (East Bay). It takes about an 1.5 hrs from SF. Well, it took us more then 30 minutes just to get out of city traffic. There was an accident on the entrance ramp to the highway. Thanks to google maps, we had bunk directions and ended up exiting too early. Lost anyone? We arrived 5 minutes late as were many others stuck in the same traffic. We had a more than 16 suited players and we were NOT allowed to play because one of our teammates, also stuck in traffic, had our league IDs. We cannot play without showing our IDs. Fifteen minutes later after bargaining, we ended up forfeiting the game. It was ashame that we all were there and this technicality made use lose! We asked the other team if it were cool if we can scrimmage. We know we lost, but damn, we have our gear on, let's play! The ref was nice enough to still ref our game, we shortened it to (2) 30 minute halves instead of the regulation 45 minute halves.
Low and behold, into the first 5 minutes of the game, the ball goes out of bounds and falls off the side line. The sideline is lined with a deep ditch on one side. As I went to go retrieve the ball, I somehow pulled my left quad muscle. I felt the pull and knew I was done for the day.
Totally sucks that I am into my first week of Triathlon Training and a diet regiment that I injure myself on the game that didn't even count.
I sat out the rest of the game and just cheered our team on. We actually lost 0-2 that day.
BOOOOOO!
I took a shower today and noticed a huge blue/purple bruise on my upper left arm. Was this from soccer or boxing? I also have soreness in my right shoulder from swimming. That Friday swim session was my first training/being in the pool EVER for the year. I kept up with the drills but I was also the LAST one to finish. I was sooo slow and I didn't care. By the time I'd come back from a lap, the rest of the swimmers were off doing the next drill. I had no rest time....
Geez...I'm falling apart before I've even started!
No comments:
Post a Comment