I knew I had one and I knew it was becoming a problem. Dependency on sugar.
I needed it in all forms and little did I know (ok, so I was in denial), it was in my current diet and totally not helping my workouts. In fact, I know for sure that if I can kick the habit, that it will drastically have a positive affect on my workouts!
So this week, I am going to "TRY" and be anti-sugar. This is going to be very hard since just about everything has some form of sugar, I will keep it to the obvious:
1- No sugar in my coffee.
2- No more chocolate, sweets, cookies, or any other form found at the work place or at home.
3- And definitely, no High Fructose Corn Syrup in my food.
I'm really really bad with making my meals. So much so, that I pretty much eat out every meal during the work week days. Meaning, I purchase some form of food (from a smoothie to a salad bar lunch). Sad, but true. I'm also bad with eating breakfast. Let's see how I can do with the just the Top 3 for the week.
If you don't already have it, purchase the latest Women's Health Magazine (April Issue). This one is FULL of great articles: sport bra guide, exercise, a great article on SUGAR, a really cool guide on how to "look super" with cheap, easy products, and many other health tips. There's even a section on some quick recipes which I'm going to try.
Today, we finally won a soccer game. I played really well! My teammates noticed. I noticed especially, because I was not as tired and had a lot of energy. My ball skills we on my side today too! I told them it's from my extra workouts. I went to Sports Basement today to pick up some things: new jumprope, bodyglide, anti-chlorine shampoo/conditioner, some compression shorts, and a tri-uni. I also signed my boyfriend and I for the ING Bay to Breakers 10K in May. It will fit in well for my weekly long runs, plus a chance to get the BF involved with my athletic endeavors.
Tomorrow, I have my first open water swim for the year. I signed up for an Open Water swim clinic at Treasure Island. It may be in the mid-60s, but the water is still FREEZING! Geez, I haven't put my swim wetsuit on since last September. It's gonna take me an hour to squeeze back into that thing. I should have bought two sticks of Body Glide!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment