Friday, June 29, 2012
Back in the Saddle...
It's been a while since I've posted on the blog, and countless times over the last THREE years I've made grand proclamations that I'd start this again. Well today seemed like a good day! So it begins...
So much has changed since, October 2008. I fell off and under the wagon, for a while. I gained roughly 15lbs, and somewhere around Jan. 2010. I saw a photo of myself from my bday and almost died. I channeled my inner cheapskate and promptly joined an expensive gym with the understanding that if I'm paying that much, I'm going to GO. So I went, and worked and stayed the course. It also helped that Mojito was getting married and who on earth wants to be the fat bridesmaid standing next to a bride so stunning it hurt to look at her? Not me!!! I dropped the 15 and learned how to control my portions.
I stopped running for a while, and picked it back up in 2012. I've completed a half marathon and two 10ks since February, with a few more races coming up and a another half in the fall. I'm heavily into CROSSFIT, and have morphed into one of those fitness obsessed women that I once made fun of.
My closet is full of fitness gear, my gym bag is the size of Texas and all of my pretty designer purses are collecting dust. Eating habits have improved overall, and I've whittled my way down to a size 6. (See bright green skinny jeans in photo, whodathunkit?) I joined MyFitnessPal to track my calories (username: AyanaSan) and I've met a ton of supportive and like minded friends on that site. I'm still a work in progress, but this time armed with the tools, confidence, and determination to keep it going.
:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment