Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Duke of Earl

Rain rain go away...

After 4 rainy mornings the sun finally came out so I was psyched to run this morning. I did the usual.. drank 8 - 12 oz of water, took my multivitamin and headed out. Everything was all fine and good for about the first 1/4 of a mile. My stomach felt weird, and I started sucking back air and my chest felt tight.

I slowed down a little, but the more I ran the more nauseous I felt. I decided to listen to my body and start walking a bit. This seemed to help, so I started to jog a little bit more and then when I rounded my fave turn I felt my stomach do a flip flop and I knew it was only a matter of time before I blew chunks.

I stopped dead in my tracks and just walked. I didn't want to go home so I walked and dry heaved for til I clocked 2 miles.. needless to say the other runners stayed out of my way. I was doing a sorta walk, lurch, heave, and belch every few steps.

I started reading up on the topic when I got to work. I usually suffer from small bouts of nausea during that time of the month, but never this bad. But after extensive reading, I've found that while having Aunt Flo around doesn't help the fact that I didn't eat anything for dinner (and pre workout) and possible dehydration were the culprits.

I'm still pukey so I'm chewing gum and drinking green tea before I start flushing it out with water. Someone tried to offer me a glass of Spanish Tempranillo Rosé to taste this morning and I looked at the glass like it was poison. This only led the person to assume I'm preggers and I promptly dispelled that before it became the latest office gossip. I had a homemade smoothie, and 2 pieces of turkey sausage for breakfast and it went down easy.

Just call me Puketta Pukelson.

No comments: