is the toughest challenge ever...
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham.
Other quotables:
"I like running because it's a challenge. If you run hard, there's the pain - and you've got to work your way through the pain. You know, lately it seems all you hear is? Don't overdo it' and? Don't push yourself.' Well, I think that's a lot of bull. If you push the human body, it will respond."
- Bob Clarke, Philadelphia Flyers general manager, NHL Hall of Fame.
"In a country where only men are encouraged, one must be one's own inspiration."
- Tegla Loroupe, Kenya, 1994 New York City Marathon champion (Regarding women)
"Good things come slow - especially in distance running."
- Bill Dellinger, Oregon coach
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
- Inspirational sign on a runner's office wall
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.
P.Z. Pearce
Month two is ending soon. Almost there....so worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment